A Must Read Story (For Teachers, Parents and Students)
H! Guys, Read this…..
Put a frog in a vessel of water and start heating the water. As the temperature of the water rises, the frog is able to adjust its body temperature accordingly. The frog keeps on adjusting with increase in temperature. Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog is not able to adjust anymore. At that point the frog decides to jump out… The frog tries to jump but is unable to do so, because it has lost all its strength in adjusting with the rising water temperature. Very soon the frog dies. What killed the frog? Many of us would say the boiling water. But the truth is what killed the frog was its own inability to decide when it had to jump out. We all need to adjust with people and situations, but we need to be sure when we need to adjust and when we need to confront/face. There are times when we need to face the situation and take the appropriate action… If we allow people to exploit us physically, mentally, emotionally or financially, they will continue to do so… We have to decide when to jump. Let us jump while we still have the strength. Think and act Wisely.
(Copied from Internet. Credit goes to Unknown Person)
Read this also….. Worth Reading…
Rahul got 90% in 12th Standard, scored good marks in JEE mains and admitted in one of the prestigious Engineering College. Rahul is obedient, sharp, smart student. Rahul started attending lectures and labs regularly from the first day for the first month. He used to study in his home till late night after going from college. But don’t know what went wrong, from the second month onwards he started to bunk some of the classes and labs. Now he is not studying in his home after going from college. He lost his interest in studies. Rahul is now not attending any classes and labs. He is watching movies with his friends, playing games in laptop, wasting time in Facebook & Whatsapp. Now Rahul is enjoying his life. No any tension, no any worries!! Examination dates were announced by the Savitribai Phule University of Pune. Now Rahul got fever just by knowing exam dates. Rahul’s temperature is increasing now. He had not studied anything. He knows that definitely he is going to fail in the exam. He is thinking “what to say to parents, brothers, sisters, relatives, family and friends if I fail in exam”. Exams are just ahead. Now Rahul made a decision to study for this semester exams, will pass however in this semester and from next semester onwards will study seriously. He is capable student. He can understand everything whatever he reads. But there is no time to prepare for the exams. He needs to study Six units in one night. It is highly impossible and unpractical.
However he attended exams. After some days he got result. His result is ATKT (Allowed To Keep Term). He got 42%. But he forgets his decision. The same thing happened in further semesters. Now Rahul is in 7th Semester. Placement drives are going on in the college. He is not eligible for any of the campus drives as his aggregate is approximately 42%. See he was having 90% marks in 10th and 12th exams. Now his aggregate is 42%. His many of friends (Ravi, Sachin, Mahesh etc) those who are having good aggregate (say more than 65%) got selected in MNCs (Multi National Company) with CTCs more than 8 LPA. However Rahul completes his degree with 42% aggregate and without placement. All his friends are working in MNCs and Rahul is in home. He is not eligible for any off campus drives. Father doesn’t want to see Rahul’s face. Rahul is now like irritating to his family members. He is skipping all his family functions. His friends (Ravi, Sachin and Mahesh etc) are earning money, watching movies in malls in weekends, having food in 5 Star Hotels, enjoying overseas trips etc etc. But Rahul is alone in his home thinking what went wrong with him. If I studied seriously during my Engineering, I would have got high package salary, I would have made overseas trips with my friends & family, I would have food in luxurious hotels, the list grows up… But everything is dream for Rahul now; He cannot go back and change the past.
After thinking for a long time Rahul analyzed his past as:
- I was obedient, sharp, smart student before joining Engineering. I was capable student but not able to prove myself in Engineering. The reason is I never tried, I never worked. “Work is Worship”. “Practice will make a man perfect”. My thoughts changed after getting admission into Engineering. I thought attending lectures and labs are waste of time. I can study by myself in one night. This is the biggest mistake I made in my life.
- My classmates were seriously preparing for placement activities. They adopted group study. They prepared for Aptitude (Quantitative, Qualitative, Verbal), Group Discussion, Technical Interview (C, C++, DS, DBMS, OS, CNW etc) and at the same time I was wasting my precious time in chatting, facebook, whatsapp, movies, trips etc.
- My friends supported me in all my bad activities. I made friendship with wrong people.
- I laid my parents. I shown edited mark sheets to them. They believed me. I cheated them in all ways that is possible.
- My teachers warned me many times. They gave guidance to shape my future. But I ignored everything.
- My some of the good classmates advised me to go in a proper way. But I was not in a position to hear.
- My neighbors suggested me to follow basic rules of life. They told me “STUDENT LIFE IS GOLDEN LIFE”. That time I was dumb.
- I cheated my friends, family members, teachers, society and myself too.
- During my Engineering I was running very fast along with my friends. But my friends were running on a right road and I was on a wrong road.
- Now it is not possible to go back and change my past.
- Dear God, Now I am in a worst situation. I am under depression. How can I come out of this? Help me out!!!!
My dear student friends:
- To whom you want to follow? Rahul OR Ravi, Sachin, Mahesh etc
- It is your Life, you need to take proper decisions at right time and act wisely.
- If you get success in your student life, your future will be bright. The whole world will be with you.
- If you fail in your student life, only you need to deal with your problems. Nobody will come to help you.
- I hope you will study smartly, will get good knowledge, will place in good organization with high package, will become entrepreneur and you will fulfill your parents’, family’, friend’, teacher’ and nation’s dream.